Ways to Lighten Up
by Bonnie Greenwell
If you are having challenges with a spiritual awakening process or just life in general here are 10 things you can do every day that will help you lighten up.
1.Take a few minutes to make a running list of things you are grateful for in your life.
2. Spend some time outdoors relating to a tree, a rock or a river.
3. Remember to use your senses to be fully present now — instead of entangled in watching and reacting to your thoughts, most of which are not true and just neurons firing. Can you predict what thought will arise next? Then why believe they are based in truth? They mostly spring from long past experiences and habit, or from something someone once told you as if it were true. Look out the window and be with what is real right now.
4. Stretch and breathe into the heart or the belly. Breathe in clarity, Breath out love.
5. Stand up and Swing your arms and body from side to side scooping energy in and flowing it out.
6. Even when setting a boundary you can send out love. Boundaries are not about blocking people, but about doing what is right for you in the moment. You may need to avoid crowded places, and toxic interactions.
7. Avoid intoxicants and mind-altering substances. Eat well.
8. Your true nature came into existence as form to enjoy the experience of this amazing world and the adventure of a journey through it. Facing what we do not like and cannot change is part of the journey. Resistance doesn’t support change — clarity, acceptance and creative action does.
9. Do some small service or something good for a person or the planet each day.
10. Take a backward step into stillness and presence and send affection to the little you that is still sometimes caught in illusion and struggle. When you learn to do this for yourself you will find it easier to do for others.
Bonnie Greenwell, is a non-dual teacher, author and therapist who offers programs and counseling at Shanti River Center in Ashland. She is the author of “The Kundalini Guide” and “The Awakening Guide” on Amazon or Kindle. To receive a newsletter monthly from Shanti River Center on internet webinars and other events related to non-duality and spiritual awakening send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org